Association of Bloggers (Singapore)

After months of planning, the Association of Bloggers (Singapore) is finally registered as a society in Singapore. The idea of a registered association came from Eastcoastlife. She spoke to me about this idea back in July 2008 and I was pretty excited to be part of this. Over the past few months, we have been busy searching for other like minded bloggers and planning on the execution. I’m so glad that the association is finally registered. But this is just the beginning.

The Association of Bloggers (Singapore) is different from those groups who just simply register a .com or a .sg website and claim to be representing the Singapore blogosphere. The association is a registered society with Ministry of Home Affairs. It is govern by a set of constitution and we have to oblige to The Societies Act (Chapter 311). The registration of the association will also be published under the Gazette.

0901_absgroupphoto_014

Why did I join the Association of Bloggers (Singapore) and become a member of the protem committee? I feel that as more and more companies and government bodies start to engage the new media, there is a need for an official association to accredit bloggers. There is a need to promote blogging. There is a need for dispute resolution. There is a need to educate bloggers and improve the quality of blogs. There is a need for all Singaporean bloggers to unite together to show everyone that the new media is also a reliable source of information.

I hope we can achieve these, and more, in the association.

Read what the rest of the protem committee said on their blog:

Eastcoastlife
Endoh
DaintyFlair
Wilfrid
Nicole
paced aka Jas
Paddy Tan
Rachel Chung
Xin Yun

34 Responses to 'Association of Bloggers (Singapore)'

1. Ed says:

*a pat on your back*

Thank you for being here.

Ed´s last blog post..It’s finally HERE!

2. Finally, we can begin our journey…..

Cheers!

eastcoastlifee´s last blog post..Association of Bloggers (Singapore) revives kampung spirit

3. Miss Loi says:

Wah Bloggers’ Union!

Miss Loi´s last blog post..2008 GCE O-Level Results – Advent Children

4. FoxTwo says:

Hmmm if this is a bloggers’ union, means we can strike!!!

WE REFUSE TO BLOG! WE DEMAND MORE PAY!!! WE DEMAND MORE RECOGNITION~!!!

:D

FoxTwo´s last blog post..Bartop Dancing In 2009

5. buny says:

do u hav a chinese department?

buny´s last blog post..Need Help In Your Online Business? Online Profits On Your Way

6. Wilfrid says:

Wow. I feel so motivated after reading your post!

I hope we can achieve those too!

Wilfrid´s last blog post..Association of Bloggers (Singapore) – This Is Your Secretary Speaking

Miss Loi: No lah. It’s just an Association. :)

Foxtwo: -_-”’

Buny: We are still very young at the moment. But that can be arrange when things are more stabilized. :)

8. evanis says:

“I feel that as more and more companies and government bodies start to engage the new media, there is a need for an official association to accredit bloggers”

Who are you to accredit bloggers when your own leader is not in good standing.

http:// tribolum.com/archives/2009/01/the-empress-new-clothes.php

and I’m sure you know what other things she’s going around doing just today alone, leaving malicious comments on blogs, plurk, facebook, etc.

Evanis: Well, of cause we are not ready to do that now. We are just a couple of days old. But that is the direction that I hope we can achieve in the future.

As for ECL, I admit that she lost her cool today after the other party flamed her, the committee and the association. Nobody is perfect, we all screw up in some part of life. I’ve since spoken to her about this and she know she shouldn’t have lost her temper in plurk today.

As for malicious comment on blogs and facebook, I’m totally not aware of it. Can you email the link so that I can take a look into it? Thanks.

10. tanyongsoon says:

Who are you guys to “accredit” bloggers? PAP clones? Not welcome in the online world.

Tanyongsoon: Sorry, but we are not trying to clone the PAP. :)

12. Agagooga says:

So why are all of you wearing white? ;)

Agagooga´s last blog post..

Agagooga: Alamak. Wear white you all say PAP. Wear blue you all say WP. Wear black you all say orh lu lu. Wear green you all say SAF. Very hard to please leh.

It’s just a colour.

14. evanis says:

@dk

“As for ECL, I admit that she lost her cool today after the other party flamed her, the committee and the association”

I am glad that you acknowledge the incompetencies of the leader.

How did you guys choose the leader?

Her endless posts and messages are badly reflecting on your society, that’s if you guys are serious about it to begin with.

15. Lucian says:

Just so you don’t mistake evanis for myself.

Lucian´s last blog post..The Empress’ New Clothes

16. DK says:

Evanis: No, I’m not saying that she is incompetent. I’m saying that she is also a human and will make mistakes. Her strenght is not in PR. But that doesn’t mean she is a bad leader. :)

Lucian: I thought evanis is you. Thanks for clarifying things up. :)

DK´s last blog post..A day to remember

17. buny says:

leader or nt, we shld give ABS sm time to prove themselves

18. DK says:

Buny: thanks. :)

DK´s last blog post..A day to remember

19. toe says:

They look like men in white… omg

20. tanyongsoon says:

I just read your “leader” ‘s very wonderful blog: http://topmleehsienloong.blogspot.com/2009/01/moes-head-of-web-management-bashes.html

If you all choose this type of people to lead you, then good luck. Have fun. Be drag into the mud with her. White, blue, uncle, auntie everyone also she whack! Totally ironic given the mission statement of the association is to promote harmony, etc

Some more go make yourself accredited as an association together. Later your leader kanna sue, whole gang gets dragged in together. Guilty by association. Clever.

21. MacRyu says:

Does this mean the govt gets to control what you blog about?

I’m sure that words such as “Lee Holdings” won’t ever appear in one of the member blogs

22. Relax says:

Eh, now only I know you join more than one mysterious cult-like group.

Sorry to hear about the PR disaster.
    Enjoy life!

Relax: What do you mean by “Mysterious cult-like group”?

1. [...] read our President’s exclusive interview with TODAY or some of the committee members’ personal blogs. I know, some of you may be wondering about our official website. Don’t we have [...]

2. [...] Mr. Endoh (Vice President – Operations) Darryl Kang (Vice President – Membership) DaintyFlair (Treasurer) Wilfrid Wong (Secretary) Paddy Tan (Marketing [...]

3. [...] The Association of Bloggers – Balderdash: Delusions of grandeur – Tribolum: The Empress’ New Clothes – My Singapore News: Bloggers forming an association? – Singabloodypore: Association of Bloggers (Singapore) – Endoh’s Dungeon: It’s finally HERE! – eastcoastlife: Association of Bloggers (Singapore) revives kampung spirit – Dee Kay Dot As Gee: Association of Bloggers (Singapore) [...]

4. [...] they wear white for their first official [...]

5. [...] spark was perhaps ignited when one of its founders and vice president, Darryl Kang, wrote in his blog that the association “is different from those groups who just simply [...]

6. [...] the association that strives to “educate bloggers and improve the quality of blogs” and to “show everyone that the new media is also a reliable source of information”. I have no argument with that as my blog is neither reputable nor reliable. But surely the super [...]

7. [...] – eastcoastlife: Association of Bloggers (Singapore) revives kampung spirit – Dee Kay Dot As Gee: Association of Bloggers (Singapore) – Anonymous_X: 5 Top Reasons of Not Joining Association of Bloggers (Singapore) – Digital [...]

8. [...] I’ve resigned as committee member for Association for Bloggers (Singapore). [...]

9. [...] Posts from protem committee of Association of Bloggers (Singapore)EndohDaintyFlairWilfridDarrylNicolepaced aka JasPaddy Tan Rachel ChungXin [...]