April Fools 2009

April Fools is never complete without a few pranks.
Here are a compilation of this year’s April Fools joke that I’ve found. Do let me know if there are other great April Fools jokes that I’ve missed.

Microsoft Xbox: Alpine Legend

Nicole
Jerrick
Fari
NTT
Hisham
DK

IZ Reloaded: Exclusive: Local bloggers immortalised on Singapore Grand Prix street circuit!

Dee Kay Dot As Gee: Palm launches new PDA

Which is your favorite? I think the Improv Everywhere one was quite nicely done. They even managed to fool a News Network. Swiss Tourism Board’s April Fools joke was also quite nicely done. And I won’t mind if Opera really implements those features.

Updates: Some newly added April fools pranks. (Keep them coming in)

HiFive Group: have partnered with Sony and Hershey Foods on a technological breakthrough that injects music files into nougat. Sounds tasty! (And a lot more on their twitter.)

Flying Dogs: Flying Dog Canis Minor Beer Dinner Buffet During Craft Brewers Conference & Flying Dog to Offer Low Gravity Series

14 Responses to 'April Fools 2009'

1. Daniel says:

I love the BMW joke!! It would be really funny if it was real!!

Daniel’s last blog post..My Social Graph

Daniel: If they can do that, they should also do another one on the rear of the BMW to push away cars that are tailgating. Haha.

3. Jacelyn says:

Funny! hee.. next time I won’t believe in entries posted from 30 March – 1 Apr :P heh heh..

Jacelyn’s last blog post..Win 3 Xbox 360 and 15 Microsoft Office 2007 Standard Edition worth S$600 each!

4. DK says:

Jacelyn: Well, you can. But Gmail was announced on 1st April hor. :P

DK’s last blog post..April Fools 2009

5. I actually fell for the gmail prank for a minute!

We posted fake news stories about our business all day on our twitter account. We’re a sales/marketing/social media consultancy within the entertainment industry. A few chuckles ensued.

6. josh mishell says:

These were awesome, I need to find time to get through all of them. I liked the Kodak one a lot, personally.

I work for Flying Dog Brewery and we launched a fake series of beers yesterday. check out our various blogs and twitter stream for the excitement.

josh mishell’s last blog post..flyingdog: Frederick, MD People: TweetUp @ Cafe Nola this eve. at 6 PM. Come by, have a Flying Dog and meet some Frederick tweeters.

Michael Kauffman: No way! The Gmail prank was too obvious.

Josh Mishell: Interesting. Too bad we don’t have flying dog beer in Singapore.

8. josh mishell says:

DK: Oh but that’s where you’re wrong! We’re in 45 US states and something like 25 countries We are distributed in Singapore by BeerStyle:

Email Winston at winston@DrinkBetterBeer.net to find out where our beers are near you. Tell him Josh says hey.

9. nicole says:

The Panda joke got me shuddering in disbelief and hilarious laughter! Really cannot take the article… but quite funny.

The Youtube was quite LOL. But the funniest is gBall. Damn cool leh, can kick the ball around the world, still can track via GPS :P

nicole’s last blog post..one more week less

Josh: Wow, I didn’t know that its also available in Singapore. Will check it out soon. :)

Nicole: The gBall prank is clever. Did you read their FAQ. Damn funny.

11. nicole says:

Oh yes I did. I was chuckling to myself after reading the faq. good one by google

nicole’s last blog post..one more week less

1. [...] – AngryAngMo: Singapore Is Really Strange – Can You Explain Please? – Dee Kay Dot As Gee: April Fools 2009 – Hard Hitting in the Lion City: EPL this month – Singabloodypore: Solito’s new film banned in [...]

2. [...] Park – AngryAngMo: Singapore Is Really Strange – Can You Explain Please? – Dee Kay Dot As Gee: April Fools 2009 – Hard Hitting in the Lion City: EPL this month – Singabloodypore: Solito’s new film banned in [...]