Don’t blame the Singapore blogosphere if you didn’t do your homework

I can’t help but laugh after reading the latest article from TechCrunch.

The founder of Fusion Garage, Chandrasekar Rathakrishnan, isn’t a good guy. He has been caught plagiarizing articles. His previous company Radixs disintegrated in shareholder disputes and angry employees. We didn’t learn about this until last Summer because Singapore media, including blogs, are largely controlled by the government. Embarrassing stuff just isn’t reported.

The entire Singapore blogosphere is laughing at Mike Arrington’s lack of knowledge about the Singapore blogosphere. I bet the Singapore government agencies are scratching their heads now. They must be wondering since when did they have control over the blogosphere. I know the government wished they could control the new media. But they can’t. Look, if the government had control over the blogosphere, my Prime Minister would not have proposed a 24 hour cooling period for the upcoming election.

I can’t say much for the rest of Singapore media. But the local blogs are definitely not controlled by the government. And to think that someone actually thought that a government could control the blogosphere made me roll on the floor and laugh. I know some people say that my government is authoritarian. But I think Mike has given them too much credits. How could my government have the power to control the blogosphere? After blogging for so long, I’m surprised that Mike Arrington can come to a conclusion that a government could control the blogosphere. What a joke.

And I find it funny that as an entrepreneur and lawyer, Mike Arrington didn’t do a proper background check on his partner, Chandrasekar Rathakrishnan? And it took him 1 year to finally know about his partner’s history. You got to be kidding. And I’m so sorry that as a blogger, I didn’t blog about Radixs. But seriously, who cares about a dispute between shareholder and employees of a relatively unknown company. Are we supposed to blog about every single thing in Singapore so that our beloved TechCrunch editor will not be conned? Well, if that is the case, let me just say that the owners of the Hainanese Chicken Rice store near my house just had a dispute lately over the number of ginger they should use when cooking the rice. Better blog about it just in case Mike Arrington decides to work with some Chicken Rice store in the future and complain that we Singapore blogosphere didn’t tell him that cook chicken rice need to put ginger.

Screw you Mike! Don’t blame the Singapore blogosphere if you didn’t do your homework. If you are going to work with someone, make sure you do enough background check before embarking on the project. Don’t blame others if anything goes wrong. It is your fault for not checking properly. And by blaming the local media and blogosphere, you are making yourself a laughing stock.

No wonder Leo Leoporte say Mike Arrington is the most trollish person he has ever worked with.

20 Responses to 'Don’t blame the Singapore blogosphere if you didn’t do your homework'

1. mk says:

@dk,
    From, this article
    I could surmise that, TC wasn’t even willfullingly involved in the making of the product. They didn’t register the trademark nor have they spoken anything about a signed agreement between the two companies.

mk: It doesn’t matter if they are involved or not involved. I’m pissed of that Mike Arrington is implying that the Singapore blogs would cover up something to save ourselves from embarrassment. That is complete bull shit.

We don’t cover up things. If it is something of interest, we will talk about it. And I’m going to talk about the fusion garage next. (Which is a big embarrassment to Singapore)

3. xizor2000 says:

Who the fxxk is Chandrasekar Rathakrishnan anyway? The fact is, he might run a company in Singapore but he might not even be Singaporean. Had Arrington said Singaporean blogs are mundane and non informative to try try and cover up his shame in failing to find out more about his partner, I would be far less offended. But to say all bloggers are actually ‘controlled’ by the government is preposterous. I would like the government to come and control me – provided it let me keep my present job and on top of that pay me my current pay + 20% to do so, not to mention write off my current housing loan. I’ll love to be a government controlled person without any financial burdens! Go piss in a corner, Arrington!

4. Kenny says:

I’m beginning to think that the answer to the question – http://ismikearringtonadick.com/ – is a yes.
    .-= Kenny´s last blog ..Anime: New Code Geass Project?! [holy shitzor omfg!] =-.

5. Ivy says:

Wow. Douchebaggery at its finest. Slamming an entire of nation of bloggers for your own legal / business troubles is so childish. Sheesh.
    .-= Ivy´s last blog ..User Review: Samsung N310 Netbook =-.

6. ssumin says:

Curious if you commented on the TC post to link back to your blog? Think it’s great that you posted this – his comment is a sweeping statement and unfounded. Making such a statement without due research seems to explain why and how he got into the partnership with FG in the first place.

7. rinaz says:

I don’t really care about what he said to be honest – who ever believes that would have to be a very very ignorant person and definitely has no credibility to me
    .-= rinaz´s last blog ..Subconscious hand gestures =-.

8. mangophua@gmail.com says:

if u dun know some stuff. can u dun be a F***er & DUN NOT assumed.Chee bye u.

9. mangophua@gmail.com says:

Chee bye u.

10. DK says:

Mangophua: Who? Him or me? If it’s him, then you need to use English.
    .-= DK´s last blog ..Don’t blame the Singapore blogosphere if you didn’t do your homework =-.

11. serwei says:

ah no wonder I found that guy familiar.Radixs promised a Citrix-like interface for mobile devices years n years ago.
    Always wondered what happened to the company.
    lol is the Association of Bloggers (singapore) going to issue a statement, or is it too busy with the corrupt-teacher lawsuit? lol

Serwei: What Association of Bloggers (Singapore)? Is it still active in the first place?

13. Macy says:

Is Mike suffering from senility ?

First of all, in point 4 of his post,
    “We have had financing from top tier investors lined up for the CrunchPad. Those investors didn’t love the way Fusion Garage and its founder checked out on background checks, but they were willing to support the project.”

Ironically how can Mike even learn and find out anything when he himself doesn’t even recommend people to perform background check on stakeholders ? He blame Chandrasekar for performing background check on investors. And now, he blame the blogosphere for NOT performing background check on Chandrasekar from the following statement (perhaps that EDB has a stake in Chandrasekar ‘s Radixs, hence he feel that there must be a conspiracy of the SIN gov to do him in).

“We didn’t learn about this until last Summer because Singapore media, including blogs, are largely controlled by the government.”

Mike finally get to taste his own medicine, and when it tastes bitterly, he start crying WOLF, WOLF, WOLF. Little did he realize that he may just be the WOLF he complaining about.

14. Macy says:

Mike can’t even take his own advice and suggestion seriously. That show how credible is he when he give highfalutin suggestions which doesn’t apply to him.

Mike should stick to writing blog post and not doing business at all. Techcrunch’s advertising revenue allows him to retire forever.

15. Rob says:

Your title is misleading, when did Arrington blame Sg blogosphere? If you read the paragraph that you quoted as it is, he’s blaming the govt.

I’m not siding with anyone here. It’s just weird that you jump to this conclusion and rant when the whole issue has little to do with Sg blogosphere.

Rob: I have to disagree with you on this. I feel that he is blaming the Singapore Government, Singapore media and Singapore blogs for not writing about the Radixs incident.

But if what you said is true, then my answer to that is “Don’t blame the Singapore Government if you didn’t do your homework.”

End of the day, it is his own responsibility to do background check before embarking on the project. He got only himself to blame.

17. Mumo says:

Screw you mike!!!

18. Eevon says:

Bah mike is just a plain lazy and ignorant douchebag.
    .-= Eevon´s last blog ..Quan Ju De =-.

19. HelpBob says:

Первая Страховая Помощь является одной из лидирующих компаний на рынке услуг по оказанию правовой помощи лицам в различных страховых спорах. Мы профессионально занимаемся данным видом деятельности с 2010 года. Все сотрудники, работающие в нашей компании, являются высококвалифицированными специалистами в области страхового права. Наш многолетний опыт работы в различных отраслях страхового бизнеса позволяет предвидеть действия страховщика на шаг вперед. За время работы Первой Страховой Помощи наши сотрудники не раз помогли своим российским, а также иностранным клиентам в многочисленных спорных ситуациях. Наши клиенты рекомендуют отдать свои проблемы в наши руки! Источник: http://1sthelp.ru/ – отказ страховой

1. […] what? Chandresekar Rathakrishnan is back! You might remember him as the person who took Mike Arrington for a ride. Or the guy who released the JooJoo, claim that their pre sale went up after Apple’s iPad […]