PM Lee is right. Government ‘not perfect’

I totally agree with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. The People’s Action Party government is not perfect and has slipped up from time to time.

Things don’t always turn out the way we want them to turn out – whether in capturing Mas Selamat, making sure Orchard Road doesn’t flood or other problems. Things sometimes go wrong. When they do, what must we do? We must apologise, acknowledge, put it right, learn from the lessons and try not to make the same mistakes again.

PM Lee Sir, I respect you for being the first to admit that the PAP has slipped up from time to time. I agree that it is impossible to have a perfect government and we should not expect a perfect PAP. And I totally agree that when mistakes happen, we must apologise, acknowledge, put it right, learn from the lessons and try not to make the same mistakes again.

But has the PAP done what you had said?

I certainly don’t remember anyone stepping forward to apologize for the flooding in Orchard Road and Mas Selamat escape. Instead, Singaporeans get blamed for not having the nation building spirit. And did we learn the lessons from the flooding in Orchard? Certainly not. We still get quite a number of flooding after the Orchard Road flood. It was so bad that whenever there is an heavy rain, people turn to Twitter to check if there’s flooding. There’s even a Twitter hashtag #sgflood for flooding in Singapore.

So, what talking you?

9 Responses to 'PM Lee is right. Government ‘not perfect’'

1. xizor2000 says:

Too late for him to admit this. Don’t tell me they will start doing this the next round and we should give them a chance. They aren’t even doing it now.

YOG overbudget – ‘justified spending’.
    Mas Selamat Escape – ‘I have owned up.’

I don’t need another five years to know the leopard CANNOT change its spots.
    xizor2000´s last blog post ..Singapore Democratic Party Jurong East Stadium Rally – April 29- 2011

2. Felix Ker says:

The PAP isn’t perfect, thus oppositions are required to be there to monitor the situation and make everything (more) transparent.

Human needs someone to monitoring to prevent shirking.

I’m not pro-opposition, just my two cents.
    Felix Ker´s last blog post ..Thoughts of a UOL-LSE International Programme student in Singapore

3. Felix Ker says:

And, Temasek (and other GIC’s) investment losses…?

Felix: I thought you are Malaysian? Or you got Singapore citizenship already? :)

5. Madaline says:

Do you expect the leopard to change its spot ? For heaven’s sake, The hypocrisy has been LHL and PAP’s DNA long time ago.

People to judge for themselves the morality of PAP in the 1990 in this video that has been passed around.

Debate of Mr Chiam & Mr Jeyaretnam against Goh Chok Tong & Lee Hsien Loong.

The main video is video number 4, and from this you can see how Chiam See Tong really deserves our utmost respect ! And you see how LHL try to divert questions from Chiam.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPf_hAvzhpw&feature=related
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_SajLLycGo&feature=related
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuKeg2ceYAY&feature=related
    Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i75GECNtEh0&feature=related
    PArt 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZWdrFPS1aU&feature=related

Enjoy !

6. kirsten says:

It’s suspicious that when these problems actually came up no one was responsible and no one stood forward to take the rap for it. In fact, they seemed to blame everything except themselves, and SM Goh told us not to complain so much.

Now that it’s elections and the ground is not so sweet, suddenly they admit their mistakes? Too little, too late.

7. yongwei says:

You’re right, when I heard PM’s speech,

All I could recall was, that I was, said to be “complacent” …..

8. sgcynic says:

Temasek Holdings losses – ‘no regrets’.

1. […] denied proper medical treatment; sole caregiver suffering burnout – Dee Kay Dot As Gee: PM Lee is right. Government ‘not perfect’ – Youtube: TOC speaks to a member of the audience at PAP rally who was ferried from the Community […]