Happy Belated 30th Birthday, IBM PC

Oops, I’m slightly late here. Happy Belated Birthday to IBM PC. The IBM 5150 personal computer was “born” on 12 August 1981 when it made its debut in New York City.

The IBM 5150 personal computer had a Intel 8088 4.77 MHz processor and run on PC-DOS 1.0 by Microsoft. 64kb ROM and option of 16kb to 256Kb RAM. It can have up to two 5 1/4 inch floppy disk drive.

Wow. Looking at the computer that we are using now, have come a long way. I still remember my first PC back in 1992 is a 486 33Mhz with 120MB harddisk and 4MB RAM. It has a 5 1/4 and a 3 1/2 inch floppy disk drive.

7 Responses to 'Happy Belated 30th Birthday, IBM PC'

1. Belinda Ang says:

No wonder they say I’m a digital native. I’m bord in the same year as the IBM PC! But “he’s” still older than me by a few months… hiak!

2. Belinda Ang says:

Correction on spelling… “BORN” not “BORD”

3. Tonnette says:

Hahahaha first time i had my pc is IBM and guess what i still have those working but so slow.
    Tonnette´s last blog post ..Everybody Lies: How can you tell if he is lying?

4. aCeMaSk says:

Think there’s a typo…should be 3.5 inch floppy right?
    aCeMaSk´s last blog post ..On Polling Day: The Power is Yours

Acemask: Actually mine is special. Just 2 1/2 inch.

Kidding kidding. Thanks for alerting me. *Cover face in shame*

6. barak says:

So funny :) I just had a talk with my uncle about the huge development in the last 20 years. He told me that on the 60ies all the computer in our countrey didnt have enough calculating power to reach the level of 1 computer this days.
    thanks for sharing
    barak´s last blog post ..Dog loss quotes

7. dovev says:

it reminds me the first superman movie… the reporters room. i think i was 8 years old when i saw this movie
    dovev´s last blog post ..Mountain bike 26 inch wheel