I’m reading back what I’ve written on my blog for the whole year. It is always nice to spend the last day of the year looking back at all the things you have done for the year.
Actually, I did made a resolution for 2006. I almost forgotten about it. It wasn’t in a list form, just 1 simple sentence. Seize every opportunity that comes by. And looking back, I guess I did seize every opportunity that comes by.
Although I did regret doing some of the things I’ve done in 2006, but at least I did tried doing it and not let the opportunity slip pass me.
It is better to regret doing than to regret not trying.
One of my resolution for 2007 is almost the same as the one I made for 2006. I guess life is about preparation meet opportunity.
So should old acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind? Of cause not. I’ll remember 2006 as a year where I tried but lost….
What would you remember 2006 as?
Auld Lang Syne
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, And never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot, And auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear, For auld lang syne, We’ll tak a cup of kindness yet, For auld lang syne!
Auld Lang Syne actually means old friends and days. For the full lyrics and translations, click here.
Lets put 2006 aside and welcome 2007 together. Happy New Year!!!
The Twitter badge at my sidebar has been causing some problems recently. The sidebar couldn’t load completely whenever the twitter server is unreachable.
Graham Waldon from google was guest blogging on twitter blog recently and address on this issue. The solution was very simple. Simply put the last line of code at the bottom of the html. The last line are the codes responsible for connecting twitter. Since they are being run last, they will not affect the loading of the rest of the page.
I hope I’m doing the right thing.
Now…. all I need is twitter server to be down so that I can confirm what I’m doing is correct. Can someone at twitter pull the plug for 5 mins for me to test it out? haha. Just kidding.
One of the most interesting feature of blogger beta is the label function. As you can see, I’ve already began to use the labels.
But here the problem. I couldn’t list all the labels I have on the side bar.
Update (9/14): You can now enter labels for your blog with a classic template. The labels will appear under the post body, and searching for labeled content works the same as for a layouts blog. However, there is no tag for adding all your labels to your sidebar. To use the sidebar labels widget, you’ll have to switch to a Layouts template.
What this means is, you can create labels, but you cannot list all your labels UNLESS you convert to the new layout template. Converting to new layout template means that I have to redo my existing template. *HORROR*
What the heck is wrong with blogger? Why can’t they just create tags for listing the labels just like the way they do for archives? Why isn’t the classic template supported? Why must we be forced to change to the new layout to make full use of blogger beta’s features?
Or is there a way to add label listing to classic template but I don’t know?
I don’t usually make resolutions in the past. Well, perhaps its time I start 1.
1) Read more This is a big challenge. I’m the type that doesn’t really like to read. I only read things that are on computers. It time I start reading more books and expand my knowledge.
2) Exercise more I really need to keep fit. Its hard to imagine that I nearly got gold for my IPPT during NS times. I should exercise more in 2007 and keep fit. Shed a few KG too.
3) Save more money I spend too much this year. And seriously, most of my money are being spend on good food. Those who knows me knows that I love good food. Its time I watch my spending and save more money.
4) Invest more I’ve started putting some money into foreign currency fixed deposit in 2006. But strictly speaking, they are not really investments. More of higher interest savings. I think I should make my money work harder for me in 2007. Might be looking at REIT. Need to do more homework first. And wait for that stupid USD fixed deposit to mature.
5) Look out for opportunities I know that I’m not in the place I want to stay forever. But I also don’t really know exactly where I want to go. 2007 will be the year I look out for new opportunity.