1) Choose a current event that is having lots of media attention. (Preferably a gross human rights violation)
2) Ask all bloggers to blog about that issue on a fixed day and declare that day as International Blogger day.
3) Create nice banners and request everyone to link to your site when blogging about that issue.
4) Spread the words.
5) Sit back and watch your traffic and technorati raking go up.
6) Do nothing to help solve the issue.
* It doesn’t matter if you are of no authority to declare a day as “International Blogger Day”. Nobody will bother to check your authority.
* It doesn’t matter if someone else had declared “International Blogger Day” previously. Everyday can be International Blogger Day if there is a gross human rights violation.
* It doesn’t matter if you do nothing to help solve the issue. Everyone will think that you are promoting awareness of the issue.
* Even when the mainstream media is covering the story 24/7, it is still not enough awareness.
* We need bloggers to promote awareness in case there are people who are living in a well and has no access to any form of media except blogs.
PS: I’m concern about the events that are happening recently. But I just can’t stand it when people are trying to leverage on the current situation for their own selfish gains.