Last day of the 2007. I usually spend the last day of the year thinking about what have I done for the past 365 days. 2007 seems to pass by very fast. Suddenly feel the sense of underachieving. Perhaps I need to make full use of every day in 2008 to achieve something. I can already feel that 2008 is going to be a very interesting year for me. I hope it is the same for you.
I always end the last post of the year with this song. Auld Lang Syne is a song that everyone sings on New Year countdown. But not many people knows what does it means. Auld Lang Syne actually means old friends and days.
Hope you guys enjoy this version by Kenny G.
Auld Lang Syne
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, And never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot, And auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear, For auld lang syne, We’ll tak a cup of kindness yet, For auld lang syne!
And there’s a hand my trusty fiere, And gie’s a hand o thine And we’ll tak a right guid-willie waught, For auld lang syne
For auld lang syne, my dear For auld Lang syne, We’ll tak a cup o kindness yet, For auld lang syne!
Playboy website is being blocked by all Singapore ISP. Yes, the uber cool hip hop rapping MDA does not allow you to visit playboy website. You get this screen if you visit www.playboy.com
You see, porn is no good. You should be watching discovery channel instead of this.
But do you know that you can still access that site if you enter the url without the “www”.
OK, if you are being caught, don’t say I teach you one lah.
And I didn’t surf that site. Saw this info from a forum. I just go in, grab the image and exit the site. I didn’t check out any of the playmates. REALLY. I SWEAR! Update: MDA discovered the loophole. Doesn’t work anymore.
Few more days to the end of 2007 and the beginning of 2008. Wow. That was fast. I thought we just countdown-ed to 2007 a few months back. I still remember I did a new year resolution for 2007. I guess now is time to look back and see what I’ve achieved.
1) Read more 2007 is really a year of reading for me. I don’t remember reading so much books in my life. And I’m glad that I started reading. These books gave me great knowledge and I’m sure I’ll be able to put them in good use in the near future. I think the best book that I’ve read this year should be ‘Cashflow Quadrant’ by Robert Kiyosaki. (OK, I know it’s a very old book. I should have read this book many years back.)
2) Exercise more *look at tummy* Nah, didn’t exercise more this year. In fact, I exercise less. I really need to work on this next year. Yes, this is going to be in my 2008 resolution.
3) Save more money I did managed to save more money this year. Surprise surprise. That is despite the fact that I bought a new iMac this year. Good job. Hope can keep it up for 2008.
4) Invest more I didn’t do anything to change my investment portfolio this year. Initially, I wanted to start going into buying shares. But I didn’t because I haven’t done much research on it yet. Don’t dare to jump into the black hole without doing enough research. Heard too much horrible stories about people going bankrupt from shares. Don’t want to add to the death toll. Will try to find time to research into buying shares in 2008.
5) Look out for opportunities One opportunity appeared in November and I grab hold of it tightly. It’s going to be a tough one, but I’m making sure that it will work out fine. 2008 is going to be a big year for this. Hope to make it. There is another opportunity that I’ve spotted. Just that I’ve been putting it on hold for the longest period. It’s time I grab hold of it and do something to make it work. And even when I’m writing this, I’m still looking out for possible opportunities. I let some of them slip cause I’m not ready to do it yet. But I’ll make sure I’m in a better position next year to grab hold of the resolution.
OK, I guess it’s time I start writing my 2008 new year resolution.
Vista is really unusable. I still remember my short experience with Vista when I was helping my teamlead install something on his new Laptop. Cannot stand it. Actually, I also don’t really like XP. I prefer to use Win2k.
But still…. Why downgrade to XP when you can upgrade to MacOS?