When Plaktoz told me that his post on the NTU Ayam Penyet stall received lots of comments, I was kinda surprised. How did a review on Ayam Penyet it spark off a debate?
What happen was that Plaktoz felt that the food there aren’t as good as the ones at Lucky Plaza. It is common for people to comment about the food on their blogs. Besides, his review wasn’t that bad. He didn’t use a hammer and wack the store until like Ayam Penyet. He did gave several suggestions on how to improve.
Then came lots of comments insisting that he shouldn’t be saying bad things about the Ayam Penyet in NTU. They say that the Ayam Penyet in NTU is good. Well, I guess it depends on the person. I never tried the Ayam Penyet in NTU. I can’t comment much. But I feel that everyone have their rights to voice their own opinions. If you feel that the NTU Ayam Penyet is good, just say you disagree. No need to insist everyone to agree with you.
Then came the weirdest thing. The owner of the NTU Ayam Penyet commented on the blog and insist that Plaktoz cannot say his Ayam Penyet not good.
LAU on June 25, 2008 5:10 pm
so you also can know that im the boss of ayam penyet gita .if u got complain or anything disagree u can come to my stall in NTU canteen A .maybe ayam penyet ria owner is your father or family .if u think NTU ayam penyet GITA is not nice for u then u go to other ayam penyet eat but u cannot say that bad about others .u can call me hp:9xxxxxxx / at batam -0812xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx .
I don’t know if this is really written by the store owner. (Perhaps Plaktoz can try calling him to find out) But if it is, then it is giving the stall a very bad impression. You can’t silent your critics like this.
The easy way to turn a negative review to your advantage is to engage the critics. Ask them where you can improve. Try to improve it and invite him back to try again. Or if you feel that your food is the best already, then kindly say that your food has different style from other stall and you received several good reviews from others. Writing this kind of comments will only give everyone a bad impression of your stall.
NTU Ayam Penyet – Can eat, cannot criticize.
Remember I wrote about someone selling his life on eBay? Well, the auction just closed today and his final bid is $399,300. Far lesser than his expected $500,000.
The buyer is someone by the nick of Mslmcc. Looks like a serious buyer as he has a good reputation on eBay.
I guess it’s going to be another field day for the media in Australia. I bet everyone wants to know who is Mslmcc and what is he going to do with a life that someone wants to abandon. And it will also be interesting to see how Ian walk out of his house on the final day with nothing except his wallet and a passport.
We wish that Ian Usher will find a better life after this.
Here is an interesting article on 5 Events The Blogosphere Influenced.
1. Dunkin Donuts Pulls Ad – After Dunkin donuts aired a television commercial featuring Rachel Ray wearing a black and white fringed scarf, bloggers took offense as the scarf was commonly known to be worn by Muslim extremists. After thousands of bloggers made their thoughts known and hundreds of comments posted on the Dunkin Donuts website condemning the ad, it was pulled off the air.
2. Sony Labeled Epic Fail – On Oct. 31, 2005 Mark Russinovich broke the story on his blog, describing how Sony BMG Music Entertainment distributed a copy-protection scheme with music CDs that secretly installed a rootkit on computers. Afterwards, the story spread like wildfire to what seemed like every tech blog on the net. The outcry from the blogosphere was so great, Sony stopped producing the copy-protection scheme and then recalled all of the cds which contained the copy protection. Lawsuits were then filed against the company. Sony’s reputation will never be able to clean itself of this stain.
3. The A.P. thinks they can charge for quotations – After word got out about how the A.P. sent a letter to The Drudge Retort website claiming that they were excerpting too much of their articles, the blogosphere blew up and gave the A.P. a lesson on Fair Use. With heavy hitting blogs going against the A.P. along with many other bloggers following suit, the A.P. eventually settled the claim and drew back it’s proposal to penalize those who quote their content in a meaningful way.
4. Snakes On A Plane – Before this movie was even released, it gained a huge following with fan sites emerging all over the web. After Josh Friedman’s blog entry the movie was then discussed on a number of other internet portals which then lead to bloggers creating songs, apparel, post art, pages of fan fiction, parody films, and mock movie trailers. In fact, the response from the blogosphere prompted New Line Cinema to go back and add five days of reshooting.
5. Dan Rather urged into retirement – After Dan Rather reported on a phony memo on CBS purported to show that President George W. Bush received preferential treatment and failed to fulfill his National Guard duty 30 years prior, the blogosphere erupted into a CSI like investigation. Blogs like Free Republic, Little Green Footballs and Power Line raised questions about the documents’ authenticity. This caused other conservative blogs to also investigate the matter. In the end, the blogosphere played a major role in showing how CBS had been duped and how Dan Rather had reported on a phony story. This lead to Dan Rather being urged into retirement by CBS
It’s been 4 months since my escape from Whitley Road Detention Centre. Heard from one of the Gurhkas Guards that nobody managed to break my 49 seconds record. It is going to take quite some time before anyone manage to break the record. Some more I was limping. Imagine how fast I would be if I wasn’t limping.
But they say they need me to come back for drug test if I want my record to be posted on Guinness World Records. They suspect I took steroid before escaping. I must return to Whitley for a urine test to proof my innocence. I suspect its a trick to recapture me again.
But I’m not worried. The urine test will be conducted in the same toilet. I can escape from the window again after giving them my urine sample. Who knows, I might break my own 49 seconds record. I’ll get my PA to schedule a day for me to go back. Might need to postpone my Iraq trip.
It would be nice to have my name on the Guinness Records Book. I can boast about it during the world terrorist conference held next month. Osama will be so jealous of my achievements. I bet he will purposely come Singapore to be captured by the police so that he can attempt to break my record. But his turban so big, he sure got problem climbing out the window.
I’ve been touring the region and giving speeches on my escape to the terrorist youth wing. All the trainee terrorists are treating me like their idol. If you notice, there are lesser and lesser poster of me on the streets. Those trainee terrorist stole it and kept it for souvenirs. Some even ask me for my autograph during my world tour speech. KNN, nowadays like very hard to find my posters. I was at Changi Airport few weeks ago and there isn’t a single poster of me. How can they do this to me? After all, I’m the most wanted man on this Island. I wonder if the police will print new poster soon. I can send them my latest makeover photos if they want.
Managed to find a poster of myself yesterday at Orchard MRT station. Finally…. For a moment I thought all my posters were stolen. Asked the station security guard to help me take a photo of me posing beside my wanted poster. Must camwhore a bit for my blog. Did those cute cute pose for the fun of it. That’s what bloggers always do right?
Zawahiri was complaining the other day that my blog entries is boring. What to do? I’m not as good looking as him. He started posting youtube video on his blog lately with himself holding AK47 and giving creepy doomsday prophecy. Heard that there is a spike in his blog traffic and everyone loves it. Maybe I should do those creepy doomsday prophecy someday. Need to find a plastic AK47. Wonder if I can get it from Beach Road.
Couldn’t post the camwhore photos today. Something is wrong with the digital camera again. Can’t seems to transfer photos to my PC. Just submitted a request to the IT department. Hope they can rectify it soon. Told them to buy better digital camera already. Look at the Yishun recce tape that they made couple of years ago. The video resolution is too low and the voice is horrible. No wonder HQ never approve our bombing proposal budget.
OK, got to go. Just finish my coffee and the staff here is like chasing me away. Remind myself to bomb this freaking cafe if I got any spare bombs.
(PS: This is a fictional story. This is what I think Mas Selamat will write today if he has a blog.)
Bump into this interesting online community recently call Kan.sg. Kan as in “See” in Chinese. Not quite sure exactly how new is it. But I guess it is new to many of you out there.
Kan.sg is a forum with a slight twist. They allow revenue sharing. All you need is to provide your google adsense client id and all thread that you started will have your google adsense advertisement. Cool idea.
Another thing interesting about Kan.sg is the main page where they show the latest post and the number of views (kans). This is a great idea for those who want to go straight into the current hot topic.
Another great service by Kan.sg is the Zo.sg. Zo.sg is a URL redirect service. For those with long blog url, you can use Zo.sg to shorten your URL. But I don’t really need it since my blog URL is rather short already. But I still sign up and register dk.zo.sg. Looks cool huh?
The community is still rather small now. There are only 100 plus members currently. But I see great potential in the forum. So come join us at this great community.
Oh, if you are joining, please put my nick “dk99” as the referrer. If more than 30 people sign up with my nick as referrer, I’ll get a pair of movie tickets. Hee hee